This catagory includes Content Management Systems (CMS) – Intranets / Extranets / Enterprise Portals.
A content management system (CMS) is a collection of procedures used to manage work flow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual or computer-based.
Usually these solutions provide the following functionalities:
- Allow for a large number of people to contribute to and share stored data
- Control access to data, based on user roles. User roles define what information each user can view or edit
- Aid in easy storage and retrieval of data
- Reduce repetitive duplicate input
- Improve the ease of report writing
- Improve communication between users
Drupal is a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. It is used as a back-end system for at least 1% of all websites worldwide, ranging from small personal blogs to large corporate and political sites, including whitehouse.gov and data.gov.uk. It is also used for knowledge management and business collaboration.
Liferay Portalis an enterprise portal which complies with the JSR-286 standard and includes a suite of applications (e.g., Content Management System, blogs, instant messaging, message boards, etc.). It is distributed in three different versions: Enterprise Edition, Community Edition and Liferay Social Office
Sun Microsystems has re-branded the offering GlassFish Web Space Server.
Liferay, Inc. is a professional open-source company that provides free documentation and paid professional service to users of its software.
eXo Platform is an open-source social-collaboration solution designed for enterprises. It is full featured, based on standards, extensible and has an amazing design.
We work with organizations to develop, implement and support eXo Platform within their organizations. eXo Platform is a very cost effective solution to organizations and provides a highly customizable platform for all the collaboration needs of any organization.
- Social Intranet: Rich collaboration features such as wikis, forums, calendars and documents are smartly integrated around activity streams, social networking and workspaces. It is carefully designed to instantly engage users. It runs within the trusted security of an enterprise platform and is highly customisable to adapt when your needs evolve.
- Online Community: eXo Platform is ideal for building an online community of customers, partners or fans. You can provide them with discussion forums, collaborative FAQs and polls. Build topic-oriented sub-communities or workgroups using spaces. Engage with your members via social networking. Send them email notifications to keep them coming back. Promote your products or services through the built-in web content management capabilities.